Thursday, January 26, 2017

Wednesday Word Count 1

My goal is for me to spend at least an hour on my poetry and/or revisit a story I have been wanting to work on for a while but haven't pushed myself to do. I really think this exercise will help me get back into writing.

What am I working on? :

I have been working on some poetry that has been on my mind, and I have been revisiting an old novel I had written originally for my sister but now would like to see how the story will wind up if I continue and try to finish it. I've posted a few poems, which are just some thoughts I had jotted down about an idea I had or a feeling I had felt at one time or another.

How do I feel about the process? :


When I first joined this class, I was so nervous because my classmates seemed to be so passionate about creative writing, while I had kept it as a small hobby rarely shown to anyone. I think it's really helpful to have a blog like this, because now I feel a little more obligated to sit down and just write something- anything really- out on paper at least once a day. Before this I wouldn't even consider it because I've been so busy lately, but I think creative writing, whether poetry or fictional stories, is important for any type of writing and is mandatory to keep creative thinking thriving.

What am I reading now? :

Currently: Nothing, besides the poetry novel written by Rupi Kaur called Milk and Honey. . . However, I have been pulling down some of my favorite books I read when I was younger and have been considering rereading one of my favorites called Because of Winn-Dixie. I just love the way Kate DiCamillo writes her novel; she has such an authentic voice and my goal is to establish a confidence in writing so that I will be able to find my own personal voice in my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment