Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Wednesday Word Count 2

My goal is for me to spend at least an hour on my poetry and/or revisit a story I have been wanting to work on for a while but haven't pushed myself to do. I really think this exercise will help me get back into writing.

What am I working on? :

I am currently working on the short story for the Narrative project coming up. I started a super rough draft in my Creative Writing notebook and I am trying to piece together the story. So far, I have thought of an old story I once had came up with, and I have planned out the beginning and end. Right now I am just working on filling out the plot.

How do I feel about the process? :

I am actually really excited about this project! I've never in my life written a short story, so that's why I chose to do it instead of a few chapters. Also, I am making this project my "experiment" project, where I am trying out all different types of styles and such. It's really fun so far!

What am I reading now? :

I just pulled down this old book I read last year. It's called Pedro Paramo by Juan Ruflo, and at the time of reading it, i didn't care that much about the story. I hadn't realized until now, however, how much the interesting style and plot stuck with me. As I was writing my short story, the way I wanted it to come across, sort of mysterious and magical realism, w=reminded me of this book. So I'm rereading it, just to get my creatitivity flowing!pe

No comments:

Post a Comment