Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Word Count Wednesday 5

My goal is for me to spend at least an hour on my poetry and/or revisit a story I have been wanting to work on for a while but haven't pushed myself to do. I really think this exercise will help me get back into writing.

What am I working on? :

I am brainstorming a new idea for the next Narrative Project, and I'm really enjoying it so far! After I thought about my next short story, I decided I wanted to make a bigger book filled with short stories like my last one, "The Places They Go" and the next one, which I have yet to think of a title. All have that poetic meter and dreamy state, but each is it's own individual story.

Also, I am working on the next experiment, which I am also really excited about!! I am definitely modeling a poem after Dante Alighieri, whom I named Robert Dante after.

How do I feel about the process? :

I'm really excited to write this second one, probably more excited than I was for the first. "The Places They Go" was difficult because it wasn't really telling a story, it was more about describing a mood or feeling someone has. This next one has more of a plot and character development, and you get to know the character Rebecca much better than Robert Dante. I'm having a lot of fun with the plot twists in this one.

What am I reading now? :

Currently, I am reading "Animal Farm" by George Orwell. It's really interesting and full of symbols (which I love!).


1 comment:

  1. very interested in seeing the choices you make in your second story!

    ReplyDelete